Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fake Retirement

I've decided that my summers are a chance to feel what retirement would be/could be like. I think this summer comes the closest (maybe it's because my age is getting me there...tomorrow 56!) So I'm recording my day because when I'm back in the classroom in 23 days I'm going to savor this. Here's a typical day -

*Awaken whenever you want, no alarm
*Get coffee and fruit while reading a paper, surfing the net
*Take a walk (no stops if Bailey's not with me)
*Shower leisurely (it's now 11:00)
*Go to coffee or lunch with a friend or yoga or hit the screened porch with my laptop
*I make some lunch and hit the screened porch
*Read, work on Promethean, surf the net on the screened porch

Get the theme? What a life!

I've had to force myself to do a little cleaning, cooking, weeding and general maintenance. It is so easy to put it off for another day. I am absolutely addicted to my laptop (thanks Josh for pushing the purchase!) While I work I listen to various program archives. I've spent HOURS working on putting my curriculum on flipcharts for my Activboard on Promethean. I LOVE IT! I truly have been present in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment