Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dressing for Success

As I sit here on my screened porch at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning, wrapped in a blanket and enjoying the cool, mountain air (I'm pretending I'm in Colorado) or the breeze from the ocean (I could be in Seattle), however we all know I'm in Iowa...

All fantasies aside, I must relay my dressing experience this week, a near miss, as I see it. I hope it does not portend my year of fashion as a third grade teacher. (We are fashion plates to 8 year olds, you know.)

So I'm doing my morning routine (surely you read my previous entry on routines and know my pain) and I dress in a new pair of striped brown pants and shirt. Looking good! Then I feel something odd in my seat and down my thigh area. Immediately a dryer sheet comes to mind, but A) I do not use dryer sheets, I use dryer balls and B) it's on both sides, so it would have to be 2 dryer sheets. So, thinking I must have gained a great deal of weight in my seat/thigh area overnight I ignore it for a few minutes and continue my routine, extensive as it is. Then a thought hits me (a fast one, I am) I should check my pants. Well, thank goodness some of my brain cells work because there were a pair of underwear tucked nicely inside, green to add an interesting detail. I had washed and ironed these pants with the underwear and never detected them inside. So much for my pressing skills around the bum area!

Needless to say I whipped those panties out and felt much slimmer. Can you imagine the fun of finding a pair of green panties from an old teacher in the hall or the classroom? Hmm, 174 days and two years (358 classroom days) to go, but I'm not counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment