They walked all over campus
In the Nineteen Seventies...
Am I or Was I hip or what?????
In the fall of 1970 I needed some warm boots to wear on campus. So I went to the local Cedar Falls mall (I may have even walked out there because I had no car and neither did many of my friends. Maybe freshman couldn't bring a car.)
So what I really wanted was a pair of black, low heeled, high up the calf boots, BUT I think they were only pull up style and my calves were too big! Now what was that? I was a little heavier back then, certainly had some baby fat still going on, but my calves? I know it wasn't from muscle due to athletics. I hated sports, probably did less physically then than I do now.
So one of the few choices for boots were these and I loved them. Italian. I paid a lot of money for them. I don't remember how much, but I remember feeling so guilty about the money for months.
But they were so funky and that was the time of being a hippie and funky. I must say they didn't go well with the dresses I had to wear for student teaching or with my bell bottoms that I tucked inside, but I so loved these boots.
They still fit and are in right now, but they are not as comfy for me to walk on so I'm keeping them in their archival place, a box in my closet.
But oh, they bring back memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment