Sunday, February 1, 2009

Keeping it Green and Real

Check out this little guy on the environment...too cute!


One of the first great restaurants I went to in Chicago was Avec. The Obamas have good taste. Read an article about the Obama's White House chef. A garden and organic food at the White House? Cool!

Then check out the WAVE. I enjoy watching what it can do, but would I do it?

Green tips:
Change the margins on your printer: The default margins on the documents you print are 1.25 inches on all sides. Simply changing the margins to 0.75 inches will reduce the amount of paper you use by almost 5 percent. It might not seem like a lot, but if everyone in the U.S. made the change, it would save 6,156,000 trees every year.

Put a few balls in the dryer: Tennis balls, or Dryer Balls,(love mine) will speed up drying time by keeping your clothes from sticking to the sides of the dryer. The more your wet clothes tumble around, the faster they’ll dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment