For those of you who know me well, you may be surprised that I even know it is Super Bowl Sunday.
I don't watch football.
I don't get football.
I don't know NFL vs AFL (maybe that's a plus that I know there are two leagues.)
But I do know the Steelers are playing
against the Arizona Cardinals
That's pretty good for me. On the other hand, you'd have to be illiterate, deaf and blind to not catch the names of the teams on the media.
So my macho, sport fanatic boys asked me who I was for. I hated to burst their bubble and tell them I don't watch sports...BUT if I did have to say this is who I'd go for and how I decide.
Arizona, because
1) I like to go for the underdog.
2) Kurt Warner graduated from UNI
3) I was a Maquoketa Cardinal
How's that for idiotic reasoning?
Anyway, I probably will watch, for the commercials and have my laptop on and be perusing the 'net while the guys play. I may even try to look for Kurt Warner (like I know him), but that would take some concentration as I don't really know how football works.
I rather like Super Bowl Sunday because it's an excuse to do nothing, even if you don't watch football.
No comments:
Post a Comment