Thursday, June 4, 2009

Elizabeth Berg




I saw Elizabeth Berg last night at Barnes and Noble. In Davenport. Here. I can't believe an author actually stopped here.

And I was available. That never happens.

She was fantastic. She lives in Oak Park, IL and I feel like she could be my neighbor, my friend. I want her for my friend. I want to pick her brain about writing. I want to know how those characters show up in your mind and stay and develop their personalities and you are FORCED to write the book to let them out.

I want to do that.

I love to read. I love to write. Why can't I do both AND make money too? It's something I could do forever! (Especially after retirement.)

I love it that she encourages reading for ONE HOUR every day. I'm easily doing that in the summer.

So far I've read -
Twilight by ???? I just had to see what all the hoopla was about. It was OK.
Changes of Heart by Jodi Piccoult - I enjoyed the discussions on religion and capital punishment interwoven in the story. A little more meat in the story than what she usually has.
Now I'm reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout and it is well written. It won the Pulitzer Prize and it's readable! (Sometimes they are so wordy you have to study to enjoy and that's not what fun reading is about.)

And now I'm going to get my required one hour in....

No comments:

Post a Comment