Friday, July 31, 2009

Not While Your Feet Are Under My Table

I heard those words all the time from my father when I was growing up. Every time he turned me down on an idea (which was almost 100% of the time) he ended the discussion with those words. It was just the sealing comment to put me in my place and know who owned the table.

So I now own my own table and I can even put my feet UP on the table. So this year for the first time in all of my 57 years I purchased TWO, count 'um, TWO pairs of glasses for myself.

If my feet had been under my father's table I would have a six year old pair of frames (new lenses if I needed) and some duct tape to help it along.

So this frame I purchased in Chicago. I love um.


And this is my second frame. Similar to my previous ones (which I still can wear...THREE to choose from!) The great thing about buying two is that the second one comes at a GREAT DEAL, 50% off! So these are my "dress up", try to hide the fact that you wear glasses glasses.



And my dad? He's had cataract surgery so he doesn't have to wear ANY glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment