I do not know how to begin! The wedding of Josh and Olivia was a series of events. They (mostly Olivia) had planned it well.
I will start with what I have photos of currently and that is the Catamaran boat ride. The photos are in the Slideshow to the right.
Family and the wedding party (and signifcant others) were treated to an ocean cruise at sunset by the Boardwalk of Santa Cruz. It was a wonderful (and a little chilly, breezy, and choppy, but no one really cared!)
The boat was nice, the companions aboard were engaging and the food was FANTASTIC! I meant to take pictures of the food, but I was too busy eating it!
Chef Mike, who works at the Hilton in Maui, and is Angie's, ( sister of Olivia) male friend created the food.Oh man!
We had flank steak on skewers with some sauce (can't remember) but I do know it was delicious.
We had shrimp cashew tacos in lettuce cups - you couldn't consume those neatly or fast enough.
We had watermelon (in a red wine vinegar and sugar reduction), topped with goat cheese and basil...I could have eaten the entire tray!
We had chicken skewers (I don't even know what they tasted like, I don't think I had one...or did I?)
We had grilled veggies and a dip. YUM, yum!
We had fresh fruit (plums and pineapple I think pineapple) with a terrific yogurt dip.
I don't eat bread, but there was some garlic bread.
Then there was the JOLIVIA drink. A gin mojito with cucumber and mint. Yes, sir, there was a little bit of everything.
Josh had been concerned a few weeks ago that no one would eat on the boat. Well, no worries. I do believe there were three plates of food left for the crew...
The food was definitely a highlight for me. Chef Mike worked for two solid days prior in preparation.
Kudos CHEF MIKE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment