Monday, September 21, 2009

A Measured Squeeze

Besides liking a good story, I love a good laugh. I try every day to laugh at something, myself included, in fact it's myself A LOT!

Today I did not go to school because I had several medical appointments. My first was at opthalmology...they dilated my eyes and it wasn't until 2:00 that I could hum, "I can see clearly now..."

But that's a boring story. The laugh came when I went for my mammogram. I mean, when isn't a mammogram laughable? The things we do to save our boobs.

So I get my gown on and wait to be called in the imaging room. It's digital mammograms, so it is fast and still a tad uncomfortable, but only because they are trying to get blood out of my turnip.

So I hear a patient leave and I am called in. I stand before the machine and there is an 8 x 8 clear acrylic top that will come down SMASH on my boob. Except wait, she says oh, let me change this out.

And I knew.

The 8 x 8 was for BIG BOOBS and she was going to replace it with something smaller.

Sure enough she brings back a 3 or 3.5 or a VERY generous 4 x 8 acrylic. I start to laugh. Does it really make a difference; don't they all smash the same? (And then out of curiosity I wished I had seen the patient before me that needed the 8 x 8. Why I need to know I have no idea, but you never know when I could be needed to call out..."She's an 8 x 8!"

But MY smasher had markers, so I'm POSITIVE they can be more accurate.

I love being 57...some things in life are no longer important, like big boobs. It's no cancer that counts AND a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment