And I felt like it this weekend.
It is a gorgeous, fall weekend. Crisp, sunny, cool, blue skies, cumulus clouds...it doesn't get much better than this.
The colors are spectacular.
So Ed and I each had our list of things to accomplish. Most of his revolved around finishing the wood floor in the living room. I LOVE IT! I want wood floors EVERYWHERE, however I know better than to broach this subject NOW after he's been on his knees for hours on end gluing and fitting the boards.
I don't know why, but I'm finding it hard to enjoy carpet anymore. I think it's the whole germ phobia stuff. I just imagine lots of microscopic aliens hiding deep within the tufts...somehow I feel that when it lies ON TOP of a wooden floor it can be removed easier. Probably no truth to it, but in my mind I have found pleasure in the justification.
So while Ed worked on the floor I made food for the worker.(Kind of like a farm wife, making noon lunch for the "men".) I was a fool in the kitchen. I made all these gluten free foods:
butternut squash soup
Mexican chicken stew
pumpkin muffins
chocolate chip cookies
sandwich bread
I use Elana's Pantry site and I love it. (I seem to love a lot of things don't I? Perhaps I need some new verbs or adjectives.) I haven't been diagnosed as a celiac, but I have watched my gluten intake for about a year and I've felt so much better. Her site is very user friendly.
Then Ed tells me that I am to walk around the 'acreage' with him because I've been telling him trees need trimming (since summer) and he's been telling me (since summer) that they really don't need trimming, but if he does it it has to be done in fall. This is the second thing on HIS list for the weekend.
So I walk around and do my finger pointing and at almost every tree he says,
"There's nothing wrong with that limb."
"Oh, I can't do that until November or December."
"That's not hurting anything."
By the time we were done with our walk through the forest he had gotten himself out of trimming trees. And I imagine in November or December there will be another reason why it can't be done (frost? snow? blade too dull?) And then it will be summer and we'll have made full circle.
So Ed checked that one off his list rather easily today.
However, even though he wants to preserve the wood on the outside of his house, sort of let nature take its course, I have some ideas about using planks up the stairs and in the hall and if I'm really, really lucky in the bedrooms....
Let's see if I can get us to circle back to this point too!
No comments:
Post a Comment