Monday, February 15, 2010

Accommodations

As an educator this is what I do all day long.

Make accommodations for my students.

So when Bailey came to visit while Natalie and Brad were in Hawaii, then home to Chicago, then to NY (for Natalie for business - she may see Robert Downey Jr tonight!!!) and Brad to Denver for business. Bailey was in for quite a stay at my house.

And I needed to make accommodations.

So I moved the sofa in the living room in front of the windows so he could look out. (The blanket is his from home.)

Due to the fact that we now have wood floor in our living room he has a hard time jumping to the sofa and chair so I put my yoga mat on the floor.


When I work at the kitchen table on my computer he whines. How sad for a granddog to whine. So I put a blanket on a chair for him to sit next to me.No whining!

I also placed a blanket on an ottoman so he can lay at my feet when I sit in the chair.

Then when we had all that snow it was up to his chest, so Ed shoveled a "Bailey doing his business" section of our front lawn.

And of course he needs to have nutritious treats when he returns from doing his business!

And when we leave him in the evening to go to our dance classes...

He must have had a cold, because there was kleenex all over.

Or he was missing his mom and dad.

Or he was mad we left.

Or he doesn't like my accommodations.

That's just like education...no one is ever happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment