Thursday, March 11, 2010

Three Student Stories

Today was our last day with kids (I have to go to work tomorrow) before Spring Break. Normally I dread this day thinking the kids' behavior will be way off, but they were wonderful today.

However I have three great stories:

1) The assignment is to write a paragraph, any topic, it just must follow my paragraph guidelines. Here is Student K's paragraph.

Ever sinceAugust 10,2009 until June 1, 2010, I wake up, take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth, and pack my backpack for school every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. When I get to school I unpack my backpack and vote for lunch, while my classmates and I are doing that Mrs. Bodnar makes sure we are using work ethic and usually gives a little speech about it. Mrs. Bodnar is my third grade teacher for the year. She has blonde/gray hair, wears glasses, and has a very stylish wardrobe.

I'll stop there. She just lists some classmates names and an ending sentence. I just wanted to point out two things.

It should be quite obvious (at least to Student K) that I am really on my soapbox about work ethic!

And secondly, to this little Third Grade female, I AM QUITE STYLISH! At my age, I take compliments wherever I get them.

2) Story Two:
I am walking to the restroom and as I reach the boys' bathroom out scoots Student G, a 4th grader.

Me: Whoa, there, Student G

G: Oh, I always have to jump like that coming out of the restroom because I never know who might be out here to scare me.

Me: Well, I've never seen any boogey men, here.

G: Oh, it's not boogey men. It's other students.

(And he comes over and stands straight and tall next to the doorway, quite 007 like, modeling the stature of some harassing students in our school, I guess)

G: See, they stand here like this.

Me: Well, I haven't seen any kids doing that, but trust me, I am here to protect you!

(My Super Woman uniform and cape are under my "teacher clothes")

3) Story Three:

One of our 4th grade teachers is pregnant. Her last name starts with B also. So today some moms came to give a shower for her. One of the moms of a student I had last year says to me:

My son came home and said, "Mom, Mrs. Bodnar is having a baby."

"Are you SURE it's Mrs. Bodnar?"

Then of course he realizes his mistake.

So all in all I had quite a few good laughs today!!!!

The vision of our district in a meeting tomorrow, so I guess it was a good thing I had fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment