
The kids called last week and said they were coming home for Easter. What a treat! That's what I love about them being in Chicago. We can do this if we want.
So I did a little prep work.
I made three kinds of gluten free crackers:
Then both of the kids requested an Easter treat I started making when they were small. These Easter nests are made from marshmallow fluff, chow mein noodles and peanut butter. Even the in-laws eat them!
I decided to have Easter Brunch and then comes the panic...what to have? The Internet to the rescue. Food network to be exact.
So here's my menu:
French Toast Casserole
Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
Fresh fruit
Grilled Asparagus
I must say it was delicious!
And then I did a little experimenting. I made some Martha Stewart coconut cupcakes and put them into a tree! (or two)
So I spent a lot of Friday cooking and baking, but I loved it all! I would never want to do a catering business, but I do like to cook and bake, especially since I've been doing gluten free. I've really enjoyed experimenting with flavors and spices and unique combinations of food.
Josh is staying with us tonight because he is going to UNI tomorrow to speak. Iowa Public Radio interviewed him. The show, "The Exchange", airs at 12:30 on Monday. Listen in! I plan to!
No comments:
Post a Comment