Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Had a Dream

that I was picked by President Obama to go with him to a speaking engagement. It was spur of the moment, but I went, considering my companion.

I told him I wasn't really prepared to speak and he said to not worry because HE would do the speaking I was just there as education support.

In the car as we traveled to our destination he turned to me and inquired about my thoughts on education.

I thought you'd never ask! My first thought is that class size is too large. I have 27 students.

He was shocked.

Then he asked my #1 education priority and I reiterated, class size.

He just nodded and on the other side of the limo was a woman who touched her hand to her nose to indicate I was brown-nosing. The nerve!

We arrived at the location and the President took my hand as if I was a queen. (He is very polite for all of you that have never met him!) Then he instructed me on how we were to walk in synchronicity, when he walked with left foot I was to also. (I made him practice with me for a minute.)

Then as we were behind stage I asked an aide to call my parents and tell them I would be on national television.

And boom, I woke up.

I'm sure I was a success, especially since I didn't have to say anything.

I think this is harbinger of my Secretary of Education position.

I do believe that may have been my interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment