Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Part 2 of Day 3

So we went to a new raw food restaurant for lunch. I don't even know the name. I'm not sure it even had a name. It probably would seat a total of 15 people. Our waiter had an aura about him, in another life or maybe this one I think he is a Buddhist monk. He was so peaceful and calm about everything. As I was getting out my phone to take photos Beth tried to stop me because she felt the people in this abode would not appreciate the effect of technology on the "spirit" of the food.

You can see how I obeyed.

So I had Thai noodles. Zucchini and kelp noodles in almond sauce with peanuts and spinach. It was wonderful. So healthy!



Beth had a curry cabbage salad. Curry sauce, raisins, red cabbage; very sweet.


She also tried a shitake stuffed avocado which had shitake mushrooms, mango, basil, and avocado. It too was delightful.

Then we could not leave without trying their "love" pie. All vegan, all raw, blueberries and nut butters. YUM!




Even though we thought we were having a leisure afternoon we had to scoot on to our pedicure. Vacation can be so stressful!!!


Who's foot is whose?

The location was by Bellingham harbor. Beautiful.



We then met Beth's friend Molly for a drink and returned home. Beth nor I felt like cooking so we all did our own thing. I had our newly made cracker and cashew cheesecake; if I do say so myself, my sister could open a restaurant.

Rick and his son James went to the tv to eat (is there any other spot for guys?) and I made them do a photo and you can see how serious Rick thought I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment