Sunday, July 11, 2010

Guess Who I Saw?

Well, you'll never believe this...

Josh and Olivia were flying to Vegas and they saw Andre Agassi and Stef Graf in the airport, getting on their plane!



Then Natalie saw Ron Howard and Vince Vaughn filming Cheaters in her neighborhood. (Sorry no photo, she was trying to respect their privacy.)

So, not to be outdone, I went to HyVee and I saw....

THE PRESIDENT of our school board.

Do you believe it? He buys his own groceries!

I tried not to stare him down, his being so famous and all, but our eyes did connect and he sort of half smiled. I think he recognized me. (Probably as someone who needs to quit draining the school system of all the millions I collect each year.)

I wanted to stop him and tell him not to worry, that this year would be my last and to tell him about my retirement gift ideas. I don't mean to offend him or anything, but I really don't want his picture or name or signature on anything that I would receive.

But I didn't bug him. He probably gets mobbed all the time and I wanted him to have his day of peace and quiet at HyVee.

Celebrities just have a hard time with normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment