This is a small list of what I've experienced:
- Thanksgiving together for three years straight (and they prepared the meal!)
- Concerts and shows together
- Shopping
- Restaurants and restaurants and restaurants
- Whole Foods and Traders Joes on a regular basis
If they had not lived in Chicago I would have only had a long, long distance relationship with her. Oh, I cannot thank the Universe enough for giving me that time.
Do you sense a foreboding tone?
There is a change amidst.
I keep telling myself that old adage, Change is the only constant.
Jolivia is moving to LA. Soon. As early as the beginning of October, if it can be worked out. Josh will be working out of the LA office for The Whitehouse and Olivia will be working from home with her same company. It's uncanny and serendipitous at the same time how it worked out so well for their careers.
This is as it should be. Even though I don't think I daily said to myself as I was parenting, I want my little chicks to be able to fly away from home. That is what I wanted for them. I want them to be strong, intelligent, independent, hard working, perseverant, kind, ambitious, flexible, loving citizens of the world. And they are. All four of them.
So life goes on. I'm relishing in the fact that I still have Bradalie in Chicago. I can still fill my LOVE4MyKIDS Bank on a regular basis (watch out Brad!) And what works out well for me is that as of May 25th (provided there are no snow days) I will be free to find a cheap flight, jump on a plane and go to see what is happening in LA. I'm particularly excited to have Jolivia invite George Clooney over for dinner. (That is assuming Olivia wants to cook.)
So cheers to the time I was given!
Cheers to the opportunities ahead for Josh and Olivia!
Cheers to Bradalie for not flying off at the same time!
And Cheers to life and the ability to live our lives with conviction, direction and passion.
Namaste.
No comments:
Post a Comment