Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas is coming

My sister arrived today from Bellingham, WA and I went to the QC INTERNATIONAL airport to pick her up and you can tell that it's Christmas season. The place was packed. I loved people watching, seeing the grandparents lunging for the little ones and hugging them and kissing them and you could feel the excitement and the love. It made me smile, a lot!

Then I took my sister to Maquoketa where she will spend the first half of this week, second half with me and then her last few days we will go to Chicago and stay with Natalie and Brad and she will fly out from Midway, probably a little closer to an INTERNATIONAL airport.

Natalie found a new place for us to try for lunch. Grahamwich. Even though I don't eat bread, I know I could eat all the fixins'.

Then I wanted to share the email I sent to the kids and to my sister concerning their impending stay at our house.


This is to notify you that your reservation @ 2430 Lincoln has been confirmed and the staff at this local highlight of the Lincoln Road Bed and Breakfast area are ready to greet you. Remember your meals are included in this offer, along with entertainment (Bailey the Wonder Dog). 

Also the following amenities are included:
shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, razors, hand lotion, emery board, toothpaste, floss, nail clippers,hair dryer, curling iron, iron and ironing board. Laundry facilities are available upon request.

If your reservation included an airport shuttle you can be guaranteed that the limo (or not, depending on your points earned in childhood years) will be on time for your scheduled arrival.

If you should be arriving by car, with a dog, the door will be open, no need to have a key. Just make sure the dog uses the outdoor facilities before entering. Also make sure that the dog knows that other dogs may be in presence on Christmas Day. This is an equal pedigree establishment.

We thank you for your reservation and on behalf of everyone here we can say that we are more than excited for your arrival!!!!

Safe Travels!

Then my son, not to be outdone, sends this reply:

Hello 2430 Lincoln,

I can't thank you enough for the electronic confirmation. I've been calling for the last 5 days to this number - 563-359-5780 - it keeps telling me the line has been disconnected? I hope your Bed n' Breakfast isn't experiencing any problems?

The reason I was calling to confirm was to make sure all of our requests were noted. In terms of the limo - we do need a "stretch" limo. Although I'm 5'7 and my wife is 5'4 we need a lot of room to feel important and you know . .  "be comfortable". I'm not sure if you know this or not, my wife as been mistaken for Jennifer Lopez, Mini Driver, andMartha Stewart. And one last thing - we'd like the car temperature to remain at a constant 85 degrees. That's a temperature we've been accustomed to.

I was also reading on-line that in terms of entertainment you offer a couple of other services other then watching dogs run around. Although that is entertaining - -  I'd like to schedule a couples appointment with the "Witch Doctor". It says on-line there's an 82% discount on mind reading - eye readings - and overall witchcraft. We'd like to try that - we're from California.

Also, if you could have someone book two "dinner and dances" with the world renowned "Fast Eddie Bodnar" we'd love that. We have no idea how to dance. We've seen him on dancing with stars and were told by friends of ours, who drive to Iowa City daily to get a front row seat to watch him, that Fast Eddie is like watching lightening in a bottle. You just . .  "can't touch this . .whoaaaa..whoaaaa"

Well, thanks 2430 lincoln. We anticipate our arrival into the international airport at about 1:30 local time. We'd like the stretch limo there 2 hours before we get there. 

Happy Holidays,
Josh & Olivia

ps - We'd like to have a T1 internet line installed in our room for internet surfing . . nothing like last minute shopping. I think we booked the newly remodeled "big bird room".


The "big bird room" he refers to is one of our bedrooms painted yellow. The other room is a grayish lavender and that is the Feng Shui room. Can you tell my son likes to label things? He gets that from his father. However I get to take credit for his humor....

Christmas is coming and I can't wait. I love to be with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment