Thursday, January 6, 2011

40 years old

That's how old this sweater is.


My mom knit this sweater for me when I was in high school. It is an Italian wool. I loved the colors then and I love the colors now.

I kept the sweater throughout college, but I did not wear it much because it seemed to be too large and maybe a little out of style.

Some year when I was at home with the kids I tore apart the sweater and re-knit it to a smaller size and over the past 30 years I have off and on worn it during the winter. It is a very warm sweater and often too warm to wear.

I've been wearing it this year because it is cold at school and it seems to be back in style. I find it hard to believe that it is 40 years plus.

Maybe there is some truth to quality lasts and good taste is never out of style!

No comments:

Post a Comment