Monday, February 21, 2011

Life Does Not Disappoint

My expectation for this weekend was met. I had a wonderful time with Natalie and Brad. They are absolutely delightful. We had great conversations, good meals, fun shopping and looking at what's out there.

We got all caught up on Natalie's job promotion, she is officially a buyer, she made her career goal! Yea for her. And I am sure it's not the end all goal, just the first BIG one! It is sooo fun to watch your child evolve and mature as a professional before your eyes. Things I dreamed about.

Brad is equally doing as well at his job. His jobs keep growing and we can't wait to see the finished products. The parks in the city, the community developments, he has great vision!

 They both have jobs that are far beyond my reaches. The numbers they deal with, the people they must accommodate, defer to and be assertive when needed are giving them skills way beyond their years.

So after our Life Catch Up...

Ed needed to go to the Apple Store. Oh, how I love that store. I want EVERYTHING in it. I did NEED, notice that it wasn't want, a new iphone case, so I purchased a Kate Spade model. The only Kate Spade I can afford.

Flashy, huh?

After a morning and afternoon of running around (and Brad was soooo kind to be our driver). He is so accommodating and generous with his time when he is around us. We came back to their place and rested,

with technology.

Ed is on his laptop, I am on my ipad, Brad has an ipad AND laptop and Natalie is the iphone photographer.
Bailey, the gifted dog, proves his own prowess.

We rallied to go out to dinner at Feast in Bucktown. I do love that area and always mean to spend more time wandering around. It was casual, good food, but a lotta din. So it was good we had had more meaningful conversations earlier, 'cuz it wasn't happening there.

Ed and his baby.
 Did I mention it was dark???
My favorite son in law. Naw, one of of my favorite young men in the world!

My whitefish, green beans, corn, tomatoes...yum!

Natalie's fish tacos. A fave at the restaurant.

Brad's guy meal: turkey burger and fries.
Ed was already diving in to his pork chop, plus he was across the table and it was little crowded. Also he gets a little irritated with my photo taking of food....he was hungry!

Sunday we went to IKEA and it was just a rainy, chilly day. Good for staying inside. I'm glad we had the Saturday sun.

So my Mom Needs to Be Around her Children Bank got filled just a tad more. I can make it for a while longer (Spring Break to be exact when we go to California!)

No comments:

Post a Comment