Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Little Behind

I may appear to you to be always on top of everything (ha!), but I'm not. I just got around to watching Food Inc. 



OMG! Why are we eating meat or why are we eating at all? Seriously, I wanted to not eat all day, of course I did, but I did think about what was going in my mouth.

When we were visiting Natalie she said that she was reading a vegetarian book and working on going vegetarian (at least that's how we left it, Brad was against being vegan and he does all the cooking). I love it that Natalie has a cause. I just love that kind of one person, one small change for mankind kind of thinking.  I'm not sure I could do vegetarian on gluten free, but I do try to eat lots of veggies and I haven't eaten red meat in a long time.

But I eat chicken and when I saw those poor chickens cooped up in the dark and standing so close to each other they could hardly move and then they fell down dead. Well, I'm not sure about chicken.

Olivia gave me the book, Food Rules by Michael Pollan. I think he makes great sense, not too crazy over the edge, but practical and yet an advocate.



This movie, this book, my daughter and my own strong resurgence of 'hippieness' are going to get me on the green track, the help the planet track, the keep your body fit track (gotta lotta work to do here) and sustainability will be my new mantra.

Join us.
Just make some small changes. Eat meat twice a week, eat it as a flavor and not the main entree. The little people can fight big companies, but it will take our numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment