Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My New Love(Like)

Well, I have so many loves (likes), but this is my current passion: Bobby McFerrin.
He's 61 years old, close enough to my age to make me proud that someone my age is still kicking and active and using his wisdom to help the world.

Yes, he sang Don't Worry, Be Happy, but he is so much more.

I listen to On Being with Krista Tippet and he was this week's guest. I highly recommend you listen to the program.

If you listen to the play list I especially loved his interpretation of the 23rd Psalm. I wish I had known of its existence and I would have had it played at my Mom's funeral. It is beautiful.

I've been doing some reading about the brain and exercise and here he connects music and neurons at a Science convention. This video makes more sense if you listen to the entire interview On Being, but he makes his point nonetheless, music is universal. Music is soulful, it can heal us and make us feel better about ourselves and our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment