Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthdays Through the Years

Today is my birthday. I'm still in my 50s, but just barely hanging on (to the 50s that is)

I thought I'd share some ways I have spent my birthday in the past.

This is my favorite. When I was five my birthday fell on Friday the 13th and I got my picture in the Maquoketa Sentinel. Hmm, I was definitely showing covergirl potential.

Then when I was 32 a bunch of friends and I would celebrate each other's birthdays BIG and with lots of surprises. So they took me in a truck and drove me around Bettendorf like I was a BEAUTY QUEEN, which of course I was, so it was only deserving.


And then today, hmm, how could I top any of those wondrous birthdays?

I can't or rather more importantly, won't.

So I met some teacher friends at Panera and here is a photo of me, with my school husband, Paul. We may look friendly, but we are divorcing since I have retired from the profession. He's now moving on to another school wife. And it does need to be stated here, she is younger and prettier. Just like a man!

No comments:

Post a Comment