Thursday, July 7, 2011

Retirement Savings

I'm on a fixed income.

News flash: I have ALWAYS been on a fixed income. Teachers have never had any flexibility to get extra money in the form of a bonus or commission or overtime. And when we did get paid 'extra' it was for so few hours that it was not even worth the time. I remember once I got a check for under two dollars. I'm sure it cost more to print the check than what it was worth.

So I'm used to looking for bargains, except that when I work I get lazy and too busy to spend the time to look for 'deals'.

But that's not the case now....

I think I go to a grocery store every day. Not because I want to, but because I can and I don't have to be so organized and remember the week's meals in one stop.

One day I went to buy Grapeseed oil at Schnucks because they carry the brand I like.




And it was on sale!!! Yea for me.

Then as I was browsing, because I can, I saw vanilla on sale. $1.00 off each bottle. I bought eight!


I love the browsing part of life in the summer. During the school year I would rush into the store, buy what I needed and rush out. If a new item was stocked in September I never noticed it until the following June.

So I noticed Lemon Drop Melon and was elated to try something new.

Oops, waste of my money. I hated it. Either it was too green or I'm just not liking the lemon addition to cantaloupe.

So what  I saved on my other purchases I lost on this one, but I think that makes me even!

All part of my new game.

No comments:

Post a Comment