Monday, August 29, 2011

I Lied, it wasn't my first rodeo

I've been keeping a secret all these years.

I must apologize to you all.

Yesterday in my post I said I was not a rodeo gal.

I am.

I have been.

I may always be.

This fact was discovered here in Bellingham, not by detectives but by two of my sister's friends
 Cagney (aka Molly)


She may look innocent, but she's not. She's a drinker, heavy into dark colas.
Be wary of such individuals.






 and Lacey (aka Mary). Don't be fooled by the smile. She's definitely an accomplice, going right along with everything Cagney says.



We went to the rodeo with them on Friday and like I said before I thought Iowa had no rodeos. 
They scoffed.
And they investigated.
Iowa does have rodeos, in fact they presented me with a schedule.

August 4 - Algona, IA
August 5 - Moville, IA or Toledo, IA or Maxwell, IA (busy week for IA in the circuit)
August 26 - Nevada, IA
And the finals, somewhere, in September 9,10,11

So right there they were suspicious. Iowa does have rodeos and then they questioned my own involvement.

They found this - Miss Iowa High School Rodeo - and just look who they discovered had been this lovely Rodeo Princess 

me, when I was in high school. I've been found out.


Notice how I haven't changed much from high school, lucky me!


And if that was not enough, they also discovered a more recent photo of me,
 with hair extensions
as the 2008 Sonoita Queen



It was hard to pull one over on these guys. Everyone now knows my secret.

I love the rodeo.
I ride the circuit.
I enter events.
I win cash prizes.
I am a Queen.





1 comment:

  1. Gosh--ever since you wore your sash, I knew you were a queen of something! ;)

    ReplyDelete