Friday, August 26, 2011

My Sister's Abode

My sister is renting a house near Fairhaven in Bellingham. Fairhaven is a cute, artsy little district with great boutiques, restaurants, coffee shops and bars. All of it is in walking distance AND she has a view of the bay. For these reasons and maybe some more she is not anxious to buy a home right now because this is a savory place.

I've got a few snapshots of her personal touches -
Her welcoming entrance...good vibes as you enter.

Purple doors are rather common here, I love the peep window.

Her living room with two large windows for light.

Our family piano that she has moved with her, strong woman!

The sun in the morning, great place for breakfast, coffee, and relaxation.

View from her kitchen window.

View of the bay, from her living room and the view of a doctor's house, right smack in front. Oh well....

My sister does mosaics and grows herbs....

Last night a friend of my sister's, Patty, came over to meet me and to have dinner. Patty is a third grade teacher! I had my people with me!

It was a gorgeous evening, cool (I was in a sweatshirt, yea!) and no bugs, well a couple of bees.
My sister made a tray of appetizers.

Then we had cedar planked salmon, roasted tomatoes and salad. Oh yum.
Oh and everything tastes better with wine and good friends.

Doesn't this look straight from a Food Network show?

No comments:

Post a Comment