and I'm not.
I did not shed a tear.
I went out for my first "retired teachers" breakfast.
Then I drove past the school and saw all those cars and was smiling because mine was not one of them.
I thought of all the teachers smiling, while gritting their teeth, and showing patience while they wanted to scream, and all the students apprehensive and eager and then the ones that were already "acting" out and you know you are in trouble when that happens the first day.
Then as I prepare to go to a free meditation tonight I recall that if this had been my first day back I would be supine on the the sofa and not moving. I would have a wine and probably no food. I would be almost unconscious. I would be wondering how much longer I could do this. I would long for the summer past.
BUT that's no longer my story.
And I must say I am eternally grateful I'm writing a new novel of my life.
I'm thrilled that you LOVE retirement as much as you do! :) Ahhhhhhhhh
ReplyDelete