Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wall Collections

I've been examining decorating blogs for some time and observing the wall art that is displayed in collections. I've done a little of that myself in our living room and I'm currently working on a display to go in the stairwell.

Thirty years ago at our first house we did a collection of Ed's black and whites in our basement family room. I loved it, but sometimes it can feel too cluttered.

Here are some great examples from some blogs -




I love the different frames and juxtaposition of work.

Here's what I've done. I did a same frame, same mat, different photos for our living room.



Then I tried the miscellanea approach for the stairway.

Somehow everyone else's looks better, but it could have to do with the fact that theirs was completed by a designer and mine was completed by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment