Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tradition #5

I am not a collector (well, clothes and shoes don't count), but somehow I've found myself a collection.

In 1982 I purchased a Hallmarks' Frosty and Friends ornament, just as a way to document the year. And then I purchased one each of the next three years,  but maybe not the next , but then every year after that. It has become a tradition. Thank heavens I like the ornaments.

Two years ago we 'pulled the trigger' (as Josh would say) and purchased the three ornaments on ebay that we did not have to complete the entire collection.

Without further ado, here is the Bodnar Frosty and Friends Collection.

1980, the first year, an ebay purchase

1981, another ebay, as I wasn't on board in the collector business yet.

My first and favorite Frosty and Friends purchase. 1982.

1983

1984

1985

An ebay purchase, why did I skip this year???? Maybe because this was the year I went back to work full time. Too busy to think about anything!

1987, Josh was 10 this year.

1988

1989, Natalie was 10 this year.

1990

1991

1992

1993

1994

1995, Josh graduates from BHS

1996

1997, Natalie graduates from BHS

1998

1999, Josh graduates from  Bradley and moves to Seattle.

2000

2001, Natalie graduates from ISU

2002

2003, Natalie moves to Denver.

2004

2005, Natalie gets married!

2006, Josh moves to Chicago!

2007, Natalie and Brad move to Chicago!

2008

2009, Josh gets married!

2010, Josh and Olivia move to LA.

2011, Diane retires. Natalie and Brad move to Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment