Monday, January 23, 2012

Changes are apparent

now that I'm not working.

Here's what I've noticed...

-I sleep better.
-I awaken in a better mood.
-my back doesn't hurt from standing all day.
-my head doesn't hurt from too much student noise.
-I don't have to make a decision about something, anything every two minutes.
-I don't have to wear orthopedic type shoes all day.
-I can dress casually.
-in fact I could wear the same thing every day!
-my sinuses haven't bothered me when I'm not in a mold infested classroom.
-I can shop at the store without pushing people aside. I'm not rushed.
-I am aware of a variety of items on a shelf. Didn't know before. I just had a list, bought the item and rushed out.
-when someone says "hello" I can talk to them. I don't do a walk and wave. (They probably want to walk and wave and avoid a retired person)
-I'm not wearing a heavy winter coat every day like I was having recess duty.
-people actually go out for lunch. Even working people. Who knew?
-I can go to the bathroom whenever I want. This is HUGE!
-there are things to be learned during the day, outside the classroom walls. And I have the time to do it.
-I can schedule appointments WHENEVER! (Actually I like appointments after 11....)
-I don't hear a bell at 8:30, noon, and 3:10!
-when I read about something to do, I can shop for the items, attend the program, I can, I can, I can...
-being on hold doesn't annoy me quite as much.
-I get to exercise as much as I want (unfortunately).
-my house has no excuse for not being clean :(
-I look around more.
-I pay attention more.

There is a world out there, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment