Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Love January

not because of the cold...hate it.

not because of the snow...hate it. (However I must admit it is VERY pretty.)

But I love January because I feel like de-clutter and reorganize. Well, I actually feel like that most of the year, but because you stay inside in January( and I do think there is something to the point of the earth in the universe and its affect on your body) thus the first of the year is all about renewal. There are New Year's traditions all over the world that prove this point, but I'm not going to quote them because I am too lazy to find them at this moment. This is a good suggestion for YOU to do today.

So as I open a drawer or open a closet I feel compelled to get rid of at least two items. It's not been hard. The other day I tackled our linen closet. I had had these containers to store items (organization) but when opening them (which I rarely do) I decided most of the times could be pitched. Now I've lessened the items in my closet, BUT I now have four containers. So do I pitch, donate, store? THIS is the part I hate, making that decision.

Then I noticed as I was cleaning through items in the bathroom that I have several partially used tubes. I now know why. When one lotion is about to run out I purchase a new one to replace it. However I start using the new one, like it better than the old one and then I KEEP the old one, just in case....That just in case never comes because I repeat that same pattern, buy a new one.

Why can't I pitch a tube that has one-eighth remaining? I think it's all part of that 'make use of every little drop". Only I don't. So I need to acknowledge that I am a wasteful person and move on. I guess I just don't want to admit that flaw. I want to think that I make good use of every little penny I spend.

Not true, I may be an impulsive shopper sometimes.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more mindful.

Maybe that will apply to my "tube" shopping too.

I do have a great organization item.

I bought myself (and my sister) one of these Pouchees.

Years ago I saw one of these and tried to make one. It wasn't so successful, so I abandoned the idea rather quickly. Then I fell upon them again this year and started using one. I didn't realize the benefit until the other day when I wanted to change to a larger purse, at the last moment, before I was about to walk out the door. I thought, "Oh, man, I won't be able to change the purses and make it out on time", BUT then I looked inside my purse and saw I had the Pouchee and voila! It was a presto job!

Now THAT is the benefit of organization.

I LOVE IT! When things go smoothly isn't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment