Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars

I actually got to stay up last night and watch ALL the Oscars. I didn't have to get up early to go to work the next day.

I loved it.

I had a few thoughts as I was watching...

Mominees - I was happy to see some nominees take their moms to the show or honor their moms.

It's only right.

If Josh would ever be nominated for an Oscar, I expect to be a Mominee. Olivia can be there too, but when the camera comes up close she can go and stand by Bradley Cooper or Brad Pitt and someone will photograph Josh and his mom and people will go, "Awww, isn't that sweet." (This is just good PR for Josh.) And then Olivia can come back and sit by his side and I will go and sit with Bradley Cooper, kind of like a seat saver.

Angelina Jolie -



She had a lovely gown, but all I could stare at were her thin, emaciated arms. She is way too thin. Then my next thought went to how does she pick up those kids? And what if she is anorexic and dies like Karen Carpenter? She's leaving six children. (This is how my thoughts roam...)

George Clooney -

When I went to the Emmys with Josh in 2004 I wanted to drop him like a hot potato and run off with George Clooney. I've since changed my mind. I feel so sorry for Stacy Kiebler.

Doesn't she know that George won't stay with her? Of course that makes the assumption that SHE is not using him. Whatever, who really cares, but I can't help but think how sad that must be to date someone who is known to be such a player.

Of course then I have to remind myself that I am watching the Oscars. As Billy Crystal said, "The show where we watch millionaires get a gold statue."

Really, how insane are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment