Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ouija Board

I love Downton Abbey.When I was recuperating from my fractured fibula I watched Season 1. Now I am watching Season 2. I am engrossed with the characters. A British soap opera. The haves and the have nots. And both have equally interesting lives.

When watching the finale of Season 2 I was shocked to see the servants playing with a Ouija Board. I hadn't realized it was a game at that time. (It was first developed in 1890.)

I played with a Ouija Board in my teens. My friend Dixie was obsessed with it. I was amazed at the answers we were able to find when "played" the board together. It moved freely, it moved easily. I was engrossed. The supernatural powers possessed by the board when in Dixie's hands were overpowering, overwhelming, and down right mystifying.

Only when I had my fingers on the board with her could I make the board move. When I purchased my own Ouija it wouldn't move, unless I moved it. I couldn't understand, didn't I have the power?

I remember using the Ouija Board once when my aunt and uncle were visiting. I had heard or overheard that my uncle had been married before. (A shock to my world.)

So I asked the Ouija, Was Uncle married before?


Naturally it (I) moved it to yes.

When I called out the answer to my uncle, he replied, what was her name?

Umm, tad bit of a problem. I was 'caught'. I didn't know her name.

So I (and whoever else was helping me) moved the Ouija to a name. Of course it was wrong. I just knew if Dixie had been there I would have gotten the correct answer.

So I failed miserably at the Ouija. I only loved my time with the Ouija with Dixie. I wasn't successful as a prophet on my own.

Sigh, it was a career never meant for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment