Thursday, April 5, 2012

Job Prospects

I'm interested in finding a part-time job; something to occupy my time and give me a little mad money or HUGE amounts of money, whichever occurs first.

So as I'm driving around town (which by the way I put W-A-A-A-Y more miles on my car now that I'm not working), I've decided one job I could apply for is

Construction.

Now I don't mean to be derogatory about any profession, but EVERY time I drive by a construction site, there are all these men standing around. It takes like four men to do ONE job.


Now I really don't want to do the construction work. I have no upper body strength, no stamina, and a real aversion to dirt.

I also don't think I want to be the Stop and Go worker. Even though it is certainly something I could mentally handle, I really don't want that much exposure to sun (melanoma cancer awareness).


However I think I could be the Construction Foreman. I think all they do is drive around from job to job, stop and talk to the collection of workers, think about what has been done, what there is to do, and give directives and drive away.

I'm pretty sure they don't do much disciplining, certainly not 25 workers at a time, and they don't give grades, no moms and dads call to complain, there might be some government paperwork to complete, but I can do that at the office, with a cup of coffee and tell the secretary I don't want to be bothered.

All in all, I think it's a good gig.


No comments:

Post a Comment