that summer has started.
It's so strange. Now that I'm retired, it's true each day is like the previous. The only way I can tell the difference is the 1)weather or 2) activities I have planned for the day and sometimes that all depends on #1.
So how can I tell it's summer?
Of course the weather, but we have been having fabulous weather all throughout our winter and spring here in Iowa, so this year it is hard to discern one season from another.
There is just a feeling in the air that it is summer. You can feel it when you talk to people or hear the kids outside or sense the greater amount of activities. Everyone is out. Everyone is happy. Everyone is talking about where they are going, what they are going to do. Normally after enduring a horrible winter Iowans are more than ready for spring or summer. This year, we've just had continuous good weather from one week to the next. So unusual, but you don't hear anyone complaining.
Even with all the vast amounts of good weather, school being out portends of summer. The air of excitement is everywhere.
And I notice it, even though my every day has really been summer. Am I harkening back to my work days, when summer was a HUGE deal? I think so, because I feel different. I have a lighter step, anticipation of all that is to come. And really tomorrow is no different than today for me.
I don't want to wish my life away, but I'm going to be anxious to see what August is like and if I am anxious, as in days of old, about returning back to work. Or have I adjusted to the every day is Saturday lifestyle?
It remains to be seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment