That's what I did yesterday.
Laundry.
Only it was of the miniature variety.
Cabbage Patch doll clothes
and Barbie.
I unloaded two boxes I had saved of the clothes Natalie had played with and I sorted through them and laundered them.
Here are the delicates that I washed by hand.
I'm sure Natalie will recognize these because she played with Barbies for hours. She's counting on her little girl to do the same.
Hence, we are carting the clothes out to her.
Here's the really neat thing some of the clothes are from my childhood. 50+ years old and they still look good.
These dresses were purchased and are the original Barbie product. I didn't have many 'store-bought' clothes and remember treasuring each and every item. I took VERY GOOD care of them.
I can remember dressing my Barbie in them. I loved how she looked so classy and elegant.
Then these are dresses my mom knit for me.
I remember using them also. I rather like it that my granddaughter will have a little of my mom's, her great-grandmother, presence in her life.
My mom would have loved knowing that.

No comments:
Post a Comment