Doesn't this seem like September weather?
I've felt for the last few years that we are a month ahead of our usual or normal weather for the months.
Back when we had no air conditioning in our classrooms and that wasn't THAT long ago, six years maybe? I dreaded August heat. It was unbearable. It was in the 90s. We had early outs. Our papers stuck to our hands, each other and desks. It was awful.
Then when we got AC it didn't really matter the school start date, but about that time I felt our hot days were behind us.
Using this year as an example. We had a lousy July. The entire country did. We were cooped up inside or dying when outside.
Then along comes the start of school and practically the first day back for teachers it's in the 70s.
Isn't that the way it always works, when you could be outside enjoying a Starbucks or sitting on a deck feeling the breeze and warmth of the sun you have to return to work.
Lately it's been like fall. I've actually put on jeans. One day I even had on a lightweight long sleeved jacket.
It's August.
See, I think we are one month ahead.
I don't know if it's global warming or my own made-up random thoughts turned theory, but truly there is an occurrence of change.
No comments:
Post a Comment