to your inner voice.
Your gut.
I don't think we follow up on that voice, those words that scroll through our heads and we try to silence them. Sometimes, maybe all the time, they should not be silenced.
One advantage to aging is speaking up, saying what's on our minds. And we do this because we know if we don't the opportunity may be lost, the information we know from prior experience does apply and needs to be said.
Every time I go to get blood drawn I tell them my veins roll and are small. Every time a doctor's office wants to draw blood I say no, I need to go to a medical lab. When they put in an IV I INSIST on an experienced technician.
No excuses. No apologies. That's the way I want it. I know. I've experienced the other side of not speaking up and it only brought consequences that I didn't enjoy.
For too many years I've said AFTER the fact, I should have said or done something. The inner voice was speaking, but she wasn't strong enough, confident enough. She was too worried she would hurt someone's feelings or be considered a difficulty.
As women we concede and yield for what we consider to be the good of the cause. And as we age we realize our speaking up enhances the cause. Saying NO is ok. Giving our opinion may be welcomed or not, but it is our right. Telling the truth a virtue.
Our inner voice is not always ruminating thoughts to be put out of our heads. Sometimes, oft times, our inner voice is the exact guidance demanding recognition.
So go forth today and every day and heed that inner voice. She speaks more truth than we give her credit.
No comments:
Post a Comment