of the Americans who voted yesterday.
I am so proud of our country.
I am so proud of Iowa.
We RE-elected President Barack Obama.
I truly believe he is one of the most intelligent men we have ever elected.
I applaud his family values, his compassion, his honesty, his willingness to compromise.
I am proud for those who elected him because it shows his first victory was not a one-time wonder or fluke.
Yesterday proved we WANT him to be President.
That we can look beyond his race and approve of his abilities as Commander in Chief.
Perhaps his election means we are beginning ever so slowly to close that diversity divide.
And I am proud of Iowa, this little known state, for FIRST supporting him in 2008 and being the LAST to hear him conclude his political career. We proved we are not all red-neck or hicks or farmers who don't take political action seriously. We do think. We are educated. We are informed. Thank you President Obama for giving us a chance to show the country what we are made of.
I may disagree with him on his education policies, but I respect the decisions he has to make as I believe he would respect mine.
I am truly thankful today and breathing a little easier. I've never been so involved in the political world and I think his first campaign inspired that in many.
Congratulations to our country for stepping up and voting decisively and wisely.

No comments:
Post a Comment