Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What Do You Want Out of Life?

This was the question Ellen asked on her show yesterday.

I can come up with some quick answers, maybe even some "pat" answers, but once you stop and really think it is not a simple question.

I'm not prepared yet to give my answer to the question. I want to spend more time mulling it over.

And while I've been doing just that I've read or listened to a variety of topics that connect.

Jane Fonda on her blog today says a couple of thought worthy statements:

I think it’s more important to be “interested” than to try to be “interesting.”

Also being intentional … living an intentional life … thinking about who you are, how you affect other people, how you are perceived in the world and how you can change that to be more positive — instead of sort of just drifting along like a leaf in the river, being really intentional about how you live.

And those statements tied in with a free course I was listening to on iTunes University. I chose a Psychology Class from Stanford and Philippe Goldin was the speaker. Fascinating! He has several talks on YouTube, if you are curious.

One of his statements is the following -

"Explore the things you love right now, why not?"

And bringing it back full circle, 

What do you want out of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment