Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I remember now

how to be productive.

Being retired you can get a little lazy and lax and things can string on and on and on and really nothing ever gets accomplished.

But when I was teaching in a thirty minute break I could -

  • go to the bathroom
  • check my emails
  • grade some papers
  • record the scores on line 
  • eat a piece of chocolate
I had my skill set.

So finally as a Granny Nanny I am getting into the groove, albeit a little late in the game.

So during Aven's 40 minute nap today I -

chopped veggies for our soup tonight


and I folded clothes
That was it. But I feel really good about getting that much done. The kids don't ask me to do those things, my only task is taking care of Aven, but I like to be helpful. Besides probably all I would do is watch tv or surf the internet. Being useful has a few more redeeming qualities.

Then we decided to take a walk. Here's my cutie, watching me with those big eyes the whole time. She's ever cautious that I do the right thing.


Then these photos really don't relate to this post, but I LOVE the white cracked bark of these trees. They are not birch. Brad wasn't really sure what they were, but they are everywhere. So striking, even without leaves. The teensy bit of artistic nature I have really appreciates their beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment