Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Downstairs Bathroom

is my savior.

Aven loves the fan and the light in that bathroom.

Today I made it my Central Zone.

When she fussed, I turned on the fan and rocked her.

I even fed her part of her bottle in the bathroom. I almost sat on the "throne", but decided to stand instead.

She calms almost the minute you step in the room.

When I went to get us ready for a walk I placed her little vibrating seat on the floor next to the bathroom with the light and fan on.

She cooed.

I put on my shoes, coat, hat and snapped on Bailey's leash.

Then I laid a blanket on the floor, by the bathroom, and put on her snowsuit.

She looked at me with big eyes that said, "Do you really know what you are doing?"

I got her in her carrier.

Snapped.

Buckled.

Then I saw Bailey was vomiting.

I couldn't stop to clean it up, I just called him to go and grabbed Aven's carrier.

On the porch, where Bailey is to remain still while I get the stroller down, he continued to have dry heaves. I had no time for pacifying him. You either come on the walk or you stay.

He decided to come. He forgot all about vomiting.

It was gorgeous. 50 degrees. We walked for 45 minutes. Aven slept and Bailey faked peed every chance he could get.

We managed to make it back into the house in one piece and I put Aven by the bathroom fan again while I cleaned up Bailey's vomit.

Then I picked up Aven and walked about three feet and she did a projectile vomit on the floor.

So I establish today as Vomit on the Floor Day.

I hope you had a less liquid day.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha...your posts lately have me laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete