Monday, January 21, 2013

Untold History of the United States

is a series on Showtime directed and narrated by Oliver Stone.

I had never heard of it until I came to Natalie and Brad's and they have Directv and Showtime. This series is on Showtime and I've been watching it on my ipad.

Absolutely fascinating.

I have never been a history buff. As I age I see the importance of knowing about our country's history, but when I was younger it had to be presented to me in an interesting format or I just turned it off.(So mostly I turned it off. Did you ever have an interesting History teacher?)  I only memorized what I needed for the test.

So this show gives you a front seat to what actually happened. Stone may be biased, but he uses real footage and narrates. It gives me chills to view from hindsight what we were actually living through and how close we came to near demise several times in just my lifetime.

Here's a review to back up my review.

I'm also watching on Showtime:
Shameless
House of Lies 
Californication

None of the above have any redeeming value other than sheer entertainment.

So watching Untold History of the United States allows me to feel like I'm increasing my brain cells a little bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment