Next month I will get to see them both! Yea!
And in between all my granny nanny duties I have been reading.
Currently I seem to be on an African background kick.
In November Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie will be coming to the area to speak, so I though I would get a head start on reading her books.
It was so good. I learned so much about the Nigerian culture. The practical maxims dispersed by the characters are really nuggets of wisdom.
There was nonpredictability. The setting and characters were well developed. There was just the right amount of description as well as dialogue.
The storyline is not fast paced, yet I was never bored. I couldn't wait to open my book at night and find out where I would be taken on their journey.
As I was searching for the link I discovered it has been made into a movie this year. I have no idea about a release date.
Here's a terrific interview with the author and a film clip.
Here's a terrific interview with the author and a film clip.
It's definitely a book worth your time.

No comments:
Post a Comment