is a book written in 2007 by Moshin Hamid.
It is a soon to be released movie and I wanted to read it before the movie came out.
This article indicates that the movie enhances the book. I hope the movie shows in our area because I do want to see if the visual can fill in the blanks for me.
The storyline is told by the main character as if it is a conversation with another person. It's not hard to follow and a rather short book.
All throughout I kept referring to the title and wondering how the main character was the reluctant fundamentalist; titles have a way of doing that to you.
The author is Pakistani and certainly, I would assume, is giving us (Americans) a perspective that maybe we haven't given full thought.
This certainly is not a feel good story. It certainly isn't entertaining. However it did give me pause to think, and that's not such a bad thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment