Sunday, July 7, 2013

Healthy Mint Drink

It's that time of the year when the heat swelters and all I ever want to do is stay cool.

So one of my cooling methods is to have a Healthy Mint Drink (as coined by my children). In reality it is a Mojito.

Years ago when I was eating at Cactus, a lovely restaurant in Seattle, I discovered this drink. For many, many years, no one made the drink as well as the bartenders at Cactus.

I have now been able to recreate the drink to my own liking.

Here is my recipe:

Fresh mint.



 I grow my own every summer. This year I planted a grapefruit mint. I've planted chocolate mint before and never felt it tasted chocolatey, but this grapefruit mint definitely has a grapefruit taste. I love it.

Muddle the mint with 1 Tablespoon (give or take to taste) of sugar water.
To make sugar water you just put sugar and water together in a pan (a 1:1 ratio) until the sugar dissolves. I store it in the fridge.

Add the juice of one half lime.

Then add rum, to your liking.

Ice and soda water.



Lately I've been using LaCroix carbonated water.

Ah, delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment