is Beginner's Mind.
This is the ability to see everything as if viewing it for the very first time.
When you are around children, if you are really paying attention, they will guide you in how to look at life from a different perspective. they make us laugh when they do or say things from their world viewpoint.
And yes we should laugh, but then we should appreciate and enjoy.
The problem with us humans as we age is our life experiences get in the way. We form expectations and then our mind gets clouded with thoughts or our body reacts emotionally.
Last we talked about being on auto-pilot. And isn't that so true? I read a paragraph and I can't even remember what it was about. Or I'm driving the car and how did I get here? I can't remember the path.
Every moment is a new moment. This situation should be treated with open eyes. It does not mean that we should not use what we have learned in the past, but it does mean that what happened before may not always occur again. Change is the only constant, right?
Beginner's Mind is what I always loved about teaching. The words and thoughts that came out of kids' mouths were so wonderful I regret I didn't write them all down because I think they would still give me a chuckle.
I do have the opportunity again with my grandchildren. I absolutely adore watching them explore their world and when I am with them I feel refreshed because I know I have a greater appreciation for life.
Every moment is an opportunity to begin again.
Don't miss the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment