I love it.
I can see why it is so addictive.
It's instantaneous. People check it frequently, unlike VM or email.
My dad, who is 86, wonders why we text so much. He thinks a phone call is good enough as I try to explain to him that people don't answer their phone so much.
It is confirmed when I text around him and get an answer in minutes. It gives him a chuckle.
A friend and I text all the time when we are watching tv shows we have in common. During American Idol we would text our opinions of the performances. Now during Breaking Bad we are texting our shock at each episode, wondering how this is going to end.
Last night our texts went like this :
OMG
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse! Moral of the story, don't cook meth.
It's even worse than teaching.
LOL
It's a connection, texting. A way for us to share the experience without sitting in the room together. And a way to remind ourselves that maybe we didn't have it THAT bad in teaching.
The grass can be either green or brown, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment