Monday, November 4, 2013

Ghost Brothers of Darkland County

is the musical I saw last night with some friends.



It was a combined team effort of Stephen King and John Mellencamp.

I loved the music. The cast was marvelous because a lot of the story was told through song  and they were so clear in their enunciations.

Bruce Greenwood played the lead.



I recognized the name in the program and then when I saw him on stage I knew I had seen him in smaller parts in movies and tv. We were in the fourth row and up close enough to really see the actor's expressions.

Now to the play.

Oh it was dark. Like I should have been surprised, hence the title.

The first half was rather engaging and I thought the play was not as heavy as I had anticipated. One of the characters was named "The Shape" (the devil) and he provided a great deal of comic relief. I'm not sure what the play would have been like without him.

And then came the second half.

The only way it could have been darker was if they killed off ALL the cast.

Some people like thrillers and violence, I am not one.

So perhaps this musical was not one of my better "yes, I'd love to go" answers. I should have thought through this one a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment