becomes so much more meaningful when faced with death, doesn't it?
The death of my sister in law has touched me deeply for she was not only a part of my family, but my peer, which makes the inevitable that is coming to us all so much more a reality.
How many times do we hear that we need to enjoy each day, live each day to its fullest and we all nod in agreement and maybe spend one day in that mindset. The next day we wake up and forget to enjoy just that fact, that we are breathing, seeing, hearing, feeling for one more day.
My sister in law lived every single day of her terminal illness right up to her last hours believing she would see the next day. I'm not sure how I would live knowing the same.
So every day, for her and for every person who does not get to see today, I am trying to find some moments of pleasure, some moments of thankfulness, that I get to be here.
No comments:
Post a Comment